Thursday, September 3, 2009

Lone Star State II









Earlier this summer I took a trip down to Texas. I had never been there and I actually loved it. I was surprised at how much of a cool place it was. I was mostly in Houston with my friends Galina and Hank, who showed me a great time. Cheap, good TexMex and cheap beers, and chill bars. I also got to ride around on scooters or in a jeep with the top down, so I had the wind in my hair and a smile on my face. Galina's awesome new studio (1st pic) will be part of FotoFest 2010 if you are down there. We ate a lot of amazing BBQ, as Hank informed me, because he is a native Texan, BBQ is his religion. Hank and I visited a bat colony which is right in Houston, and it was incredible. Hundreds of thousands of bats fly out at dusk. We stood under the bridge they nest in and they flew all around us, never touching us. I also visited a friend in Austin, who is holding Puddle the Duck and one of Puddle's owners is the photo seen above.

No comments: